Scarves

Friday, November 26, 2010

Primary Children's Donation

This year I decided to donate to Primary Children's Medical Center because I am at the busiest time of nursing school and didn't have the time to put into planning the logistics of sending our donation this time around, to another country. So this donation went locally. I decided to donate here because I recently did my nursing rotations at this hospital and saw the children that could use a hat or scarf to keep them warm. I worked on the oncology unit and wanted to help these children find warmth somehow with all the burdens that already weigh them down. Hopefully these will brighten someone's day as it did ours when we dropped them off!
Thanks to all those that donated all of the time to make these items.
We donated a total of 135 hats and 41 scarves. Thanks for helping make this happen!
I brought along some of my little helpers so that they could get a glimpse of what it's like at a Children's Hospital.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Already making more scarves. Good luck with school. Keep up the great work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete