Scarves

Monday, March 8, 2010

Delivery to School in Afghanistan







I just got the rest of the pictures from my friend in Afghanistan. I am so excited that we were able to do this. Thanks again for everyone that helped make this possible!
Here is the email that Stewart sent to me, "I am about to leave country, I finally was able to take the scarves, hats, gloves, and hygiene items to the Tornau School in the Chowkay valley. School was just dismissed as we arrived, and I handed the boxes of items to the school headmaster and his teachers to avoid the inevitable riot that would have ensued had we given the items directly to the kids. Interestingly, about 8 kilometers further up this valley, we came into 3 heavy ambushes while trying to exfiltrate the valley after looking at a road we are funding in the Dewagal area. Hopefully acts of good will like this will aggregate and allow for progress in the area."

1 comment:

  1. so amazing. thanks again for facilitating even with how busy you are.

    ReplyDelete