Scarves

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Wrapped In Love

This time of year always has me wondering "how many people are out in the cold freezing to death? When I sit here in my warm cozy house..." Isn't it time I do something about it? Well enough talking about it. I have had many ideas come to me over the past week and here it goes!! I sat in church last Sunday listening to a story a dear friend of mine told of how her mother spent countless hours crocheting scarfs and hats with the yarn she had laying around. She worked on these all year round and produced countless hats and scarfs. This was the inspiration needed to get me going on my new project.

"Wrapped in love" is what I am calling it. My goal is to try to get the word out to as many people as I possibly can to get their help in wrapping our loved ones around the world. Some laugh and say, "Oh here you go! How will you do this?" Well I know I can do this with the help of others around me. I know there are others out there that are feeling the same thing as I am at this time.

"How do I help other people when I have been blessed with so much?"
"I don't have a lot of money, but I want to help!"
"Who can I find in need that will want my help?"

Well I have thought long and hard about these situations and I figured that if we gathered as many scarfs, hats and gloves we can begin helping those that need our help.

Crocheting or knitting scarfs and hats. Ask around, you might find people that have loads of yarn just sitting around their homes. Garage sales, dollar stores, Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Deseret Industries, etc. If you have any more ideas that are low cost for yarn, feel free to share where you have found it.

You can buy gloves for as low as a dollar. After Christmas sales are the best, watch for those. You can even buy hats and scarfs if you don't have the time to make them. Any contribution is needed whether it is made or bought. You will be helping so many people find warmth through us.

I am starting this now because people are already in the mind frame of trying to help others around. I want to give us enough time to really make a difference. So we are beginning today and hopefully by this time next year 2010, we can deliver this to the people that need it. This is strictly a service project. There is no profit of any kind. If money is donated it will be to buy yarn, hats, gloves, and scarfs. Decide what you can do and please help, let's do this together!

1 comment:

  1. Sign me up, I'll be thinking about this all year round and it will help me keep charity in my heart. I am so excited to get started!

    ReplyDelete